Louvain-la-Neuve Municipal Mobility Plan
In the heart of Walloon Brabant and bordered by regional arterial roads, Louvain-la-Neuve has many travel generators (employment, school and commercial centres). Given the density of housing and socio-economic activities and also the land pressure that the region is facing, a thorough analysis of travel was essential.
Source : UCL
- Evaluate mobility;
- Identify actions with a high impact that are shared and supported by all stakeholders;
- Integrate the rapid developments in new mobility;
- Enhance the value of existing facilities and strengthen pooling.
As part of this study, ICEDD participated in:
- Diagnostics of active modes;
- Analysis of regional development and projections associated with mobility;
- Accessibility plan for the Blocry centre;
- Cohabitation of pedestrians and cyclists in pedestrian areas;
- Development of electrically assisted pedal cycles (EAPCs).