Municipal Mobility Plan for Liège
In Liège, as in many other metropolitan areas, the situation calls for questions to be asked about the material and financial capacities that the public authorities will have in order to continue to meet the need to travel, which is still increasing, in terms of investment and, above all, operating and maintenance costs. How can we better manage these needs? With what specific impacts? The role of the mobility plan is to support the services of the City of Liège and all the institutional stakeholders in defining a comprehensive strategy for managing travel in the urban area of Liège.
Source : Société Régionale Wallonne du Transport
- Intensify “soft” forms of travel;
- Take advantage of emerging dynamics (car sharing, carpooling, smart parking, etc.);
- Maximise the added value of ongoing projects (tram, suburban train services, reinforcement of bus routes, etc.);
- Outline specific developments in neighbourhoods;
- Promote multi-modal transport hubs;
- Coordinate deliveries.
As part of this training course, ICEDD participated in:
- The socio-economic analysis;
- The strategy for developing cycling mobility;