Practical guide to the ecological management of green spaces
Adopted by the Brussels Government on 14 April 2016, the Regional Nature Plan provides for the preparation of a series of documents to serve as a common basis for consistent management practices throughout the Region.
In this context, Bruxelles Environnement is working, with the support of ICEDD and NATAGORA, on the preparation of various documents, including an ecological and landscape management framework and a good practice guide, charters on trees in urban area and the use of nature and flowers in public buildings.
Source : Bruxelles Environnement
The aim is to prepare the reference documents for the regional nature plan, in particular:
- The table of contents for the ecological and landscape management guidelines;
- A guide to good practice in the ecological management of green spaces;
- Charters on trees in urban areas and the use of nature and flowers in public buildings;
- Technical clauses to be included in the specifications to take nature into account.
As part of this study, ICEDD participated in:
- Organising participatory workshops to consult stakeholders to determine their expectations and ask for their support in drafting the various documents;
- Organising bilateral meetings with stakeholders to gather the information needed for drawing up a charter;
- The drafting of technical clauses to be included in the specifications.