Towards 100% renewable energy in Belgium by 2050
In 2011, following the Fukushima accident, Belgium’s 4 Energy Ministers agreed to request a study aimed at showing whether and under what conditions Belgium could be supplied entirely by renewable energies.
Source : http://www.balloide-photo.com
- Study the technical possibilities of supplying Belgium with 100% renewable energy by 2050;
- Estimate the costs of this transformation;
- Estimate the employment impacts of this transformation;
- Propose the broad outlines of the policies to be implemented to achieve this objective.
As part of this study, ICEDD undertook the following tasks:
- General coordination of the mission;
- Estimation of renewable production potential;
- Choice of innovative energy demand technologies;
- Proposals for policies and measures to be implemented;
- Coordination of presentations of study results to stakeholders.