Evaluation of the setting up of capacity pricing in the Brussels Region
State reform VI transferred responsibility for energy distribution pricing to the Belgian regions. In addition, these networks are set to undergo transformation following the increased penetration of renewable electricity. BRUGEL therefore wanted to study the implementation of a possible capacity pricing system.
Source : www.comparateur-energie.be
- Study the different types of energy pricing (mainly electricity);
- Propose scenarios for changing energy pricing in Brussels;
- Quantify the impacts of these scenarios for the Distribution System Operator and network users;
As part of this mission, ICEDD was responsible for the following tasks:
- General coordination of the mission;
- Literature review and benchmarking of foreign experiences;
- Assessment of the impacts of tariff scenarios on the DSO;
- Evaluation of the impacts of pricing scenarios on the Rational Use of Energy and the environment;
- Estimation of the impacts of the scenarios on selected new markets;
- Estimation of analogies with the natural gas market.