Coordination, facilitation and expertise for supporting circular construction sites in 2016
Construction materials represent a significant use of resources and are responsible for a very high amount of waste. The mission aims to support construction companies in their waste management thinking, both during the project study and the construction phase.
Source : Bruxelles Environnement - ICEDD
The objective of the mission is to demonstrate that it is technically feasible and economically viable to build and/or renovate buildings while applying circular economy concepts.
ICEDD’s role in this mission is to coordinate, lead and promote circular projects in the Brussels-Capital Region, and to support the administration in the development and promotion of projects and sites that pay more attention to resource management.
Specifically, ICEDD has:
- Participated in the preparation of the launch of the call for projects;
- Developed mechanisms for the logical subsidising of winners;
- Participated as jury for the selection of candidates;
- Prepared promotional events (visits, seminars, etc.);
- Developed communication materials;
- Interviewed and drafted summary sheets of the strengths of the various winners;
- Written “success stories” about the winners;
- Supported the administration in the follow-up of the mission.